Purple Bra Dinner!!

Had a pretty interesting dinner today! We had a Purple Bra theme dinner organised by the boarding house. You must be wondering... Why purple bra? It is to raise awareness and funds for Breast Cancer.
In Western Australia, about 40 cases of breast cancer is reported each day. There is statistical evidence that every 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Breast cancer is a non discriminating condition. As such, anybody can get diagnosed with it. Recently, one of Hollywood's hottest star, Angelina Jolie went for a double mastectomy after doctors told her she had an 87% chance of developing breast cancer.

Well, our boarding house is full of girls. I suppose our boarding mistress felt responsible to educate us. We had a guest speaker at our theme dinner. She is a survivor of breast cancer and she shared her whole experience with us. She stressed the importance of going for regular health checks. It was because she injured her arm, went to the clinic, they suggested she did a mammogram that she discovered she had breast cancer. There were no visible lumps at all...

Anyway, it was a pretty fun & educational dinner. We did spend quite sometime getting ready for this special dinner! Here are some pictures that i took...
The girls meticulous about where the handprint goes.
Our wing's bonding time....
spent in the toilet getting ready for our dinner!

The finished product. Handprints + purple bra = Tothill Wing!! 
How do I look? Awesome in purple?






















The hue in the sky was so gorgeous! Had to take a pic :)

Dining room filled with girls dressed in purple...
Sea of purple. Not Red Sea, but PURPLE sea!!


Chicken Kiev, Mashed Potatos, Corn & Mushroom gravy!
Yumzz :)

Purple Soldier & not red Indian but Purple Indian. 

Chief Eric's special Ice cream!! Always Yummy <3

After Dinner pictures!


Anyway, That's about it from me. This was a super exciting post with so much purple! I hope this post has educated you about breast cancer and you'll pass on the message to your loved ones about the importance of health check ups! Here's a picture of me in Purple. Hopefully it'll remind you of what I have shared about breast cancer!


This is Marissa signing off now. I'm really not your usual teen.... I chose to post an unflattering picture of myself. My eye bags are clearly seen on the picture. I should win an award for being the most honest blogger. I don't photoshop or edit my photos...  HAHA :D

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Supergirl M


Comments

Popular Posts