World = Devil's playground ?

I hate this feeling. You know, the feeling when the world destroys your self-esteem and tells you, "You're just not good enough." ?? It has been awhile since I felt this way. I feel that because of the world, I have such a huge burden on my shoulders. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I want to be brave & strong, and ignore what the world is telling me. But, I can't seem to do it. Each time, I think that I've finally gotten stronger and gained some form of "immunity" against the world, the world seems to find my Achilles heel and whisper demoralizing things. Trust me, I'm clad in God's armour. I'm "fighting". "Fighting" harder than I ever fought before. Why must the world be a cruel place? It seems that the ones who survive are those who can tell the best lies. The best lies to attract attention, the best lies to gain popularity. Those who started out with good intentions became trapped in their obsession for fame and power. Do I really wanna live and survive this world with having to endanger my moral values? What is our world turning into? The devil's playground? Why are we hurting one another through violence, riots, war & insults? How does that ever solve the problem? Who even gave us the idea that violence is the solution to the problem? I have had enough of this world. This is Marissa tuning out of the world and tuning in to God's promises.

Exodus 14:14
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."

Ephesians 5:11
"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

Colossians 3:2
"Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."


This was the song that kept motivated & uplifted me through this challenging period. Most of all, this song brought me comfort & reassured me that God loves me soooooooooo much regardless of what the world thinks of me.

Chorus: Our God is Greater, Our God is Stronger
God, You are higher than any other.
Our God is healer, Awesome in power.
Our God, Our God <3

Bridge: If our God is for us then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, what could stand against?



Comments

Popular Posts