Good coming out from the Hair for Hope Scandal?

I know, it may seem like a very strange title.... I needed comic relief away from my school work and so I headed down to Yahoo to see what other strange and degrading comments Singaporeans and other online users are bombarding my Alma Mater with...

I can only say that God has a reason for this scandal and God has everything in control :) You know how the media just wanted to benefit and have a headline story? God intended it for good. In fact I'm sure He has a greater purpose.

Genesis 50:20 " You (The media) plotted evil against me (St. Margaret's Secondary School) but God turned it into good, in order to preserve the lives of many people who are alive today because of what happened."

When I went on to read the comments, I was truly encouraged by one extremely heartfelt comment from a person who is not even from St. Margaret's Secondary. You know what..? She admired our UNITY during this crisis that the media gave us. The comment is too long for me to summarise. Please read it for yourself :) Here's a screenshot of the comment. (I'm assuming she's a girl because of the username used.) The comment was too long so I had to take 2 screenshots.




To all St. Margaret's Girls whether past, present or future: Take heart. God placed St. Margaret's Secondary School in society for a reason. People may try to harm us &/or the school, but God is in control. Romans 5:3-4 "We also boast of our troubles, because we know that troubles produces endurance, endurance brings God's approval and His approval creates hope." The trials that we go through, help us grow and become Caring, Creative & Confident young ladies. In modern terms... "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Just like how our school's 170th Anniversary theme goes, We have been "Blessed to be a Blessing!" Let's us continue to inspire and touch the lives of those around us.

" For Charity, Patience, 
Devotion lets be known,
These qualities St. Margaret's shown,
On which our school has grown."

All honour & glory to God!

ST. MARG'S UNITE!! <3

XoXo
Marissa (Class of 2011)

Comments

Popular Posts