Education minister, Mr. Heng Swee Keat's response to scandal...

Pheww... It took long enough. For a moment there I thought Education Minister, Mr. Heng was just avoiding the problem altogether. Quietly lying low, away from the media. I guess I was a little cynical about Ministers taking responsibility for the actions of their department. That's what they are suppose to do, right...?

This blog post is not gonna be a shallow debate on whether his decision was justified. It is more of a Case-closed-remedy-prescribed article. Well, I have to admit, the first article I saw online on it was from Channel News Asia but after commending them about reporting the full story in a few posts before, I was very disappointed with this report. Instead, Yahoo took me by surprise and included additional information. Good job, Yahoo! You deserve this round's applause. Here's the link for the news article I found on Yahoo CLICK HERE! 

I'm wayyyy past the stage of reasoning as I realised it doesn't really work with the majority of my fellow Singaporeans. But, I really have to draw your attention to this though...

A tuition teacher who spoke to Yahoo! Singapore on Wednesday, however, said that some of her students from the school believe that the three girls who broke their promise did so out of rebellion.

"To my students, they broke the school rule and the promise. To me, they did it for themselves and not for charity," she said, adding that one of the girls even tweeted, "Bye Marion!" in light of the controversy that has since whipped up an online storm. 

This quote pretty much substantiated my line of logic in my previous blog posts if you were keeping up with it. Yeah, so maybe I had previous dealings with them. I did not mention it because I chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. I chose to believe that they probably should have matured by now. I chose to be as objective as possible. Well, I guess there is evidence to substantiate what I was getting at in my head.

All I can say to the 3 girls: In your heart, you know your own agenda for doing it. Go be happy now that you have gotten what you wanted. Enjoy the fame, sympathy and kind words that you're getting at the moment. Just keep in mind that Life doesn't always go your way and your parents CANNOT BE PROTECTING you FOREVER. And of course, Don't ever try committing a crime in society, because No one is above the law;) (For comic effect: Imagine how awful that would look on the newspaper... "Volunteer of Hair for Hope from St. Margaret's... insert crime here) Yeah. So. Keep the RULE OF LAW in mind kay.

To Sumiko & Chloe: You have no idea how proud I am of you! You girls not only obeyed the rules & kept to your promise but you even stood firm in defending the name of our school and Mrs Tan. Here, have a virtual hug from me *hug* Stay strong & confident! Continue holding your head up High <3 All the best with school no matter how hard it may be! God's love & blessings always~



Comments

Popular Posts