A flood of uncertainty?


It's the time of the year where all the Year 12s and other students (around the world that are gonna sit for the university entrance exam) start researching on University admissions and courses they would like to pursue in the near future. 

Sometimes, I find that God does have a sense of humor and He enjoys adding excitement and surprises in my life. Previously, I was really attracted to the law double degree offered at UNSW that can be completed within 5 years.. BUT, the cut off mark was really out of my reach something like 99.65. So, that option did not exist and I was so focused and sure that I will come back to Singapore to complete my University degree. 

Well, you see, I'm really passionate and interested in law. I discovered my passion for it in the last year or so when I took up Politics & Law. Before that, I always thought that I would just settle with a basic general business degree that takes, maybe 3 years or so and maybe start my own innovative business... As I said, God injects a little excitement into the plan He has for each and every one of us. Just when you think you've got it all sorted out, you get arrogant and take things into your own hands, God changes the course of the race. Having said that, we are all running the same race on Earth, just probably on different terrains that are specifically set for us based on our skills & faith, I guess. *shrugs shoulders*

One of the reasons I want to go back to Singapore for University because a law degree in Singapore takes about 4 years. Whereas, Universities in Australia such as University of Melbourne and University of Western Australia takes you 6 years to get a law degree. You've to have a 3 year undergraduate degree followed by a 3 year postgraduate law degree.

So I was pretty much floating nicely on my metaphorical yacht in calm water until yesterday. When I started researching on University Admissions and I came across the list of cut offs shown above. Remember how I said the law dual degree was not an option because of the near impossible cut off, I looked at the list and realised that the cut off was 94.50 for International students. I was shocked and overwhelmed! I felt that my yacht was being swept by strong waves and currents. All that I was so sure off, was shaken & tossed about. I wasn't sure if I should go back Singapore to study or stay in Australia to continue Tertiary education. Imagine, getting a double degree in 5 years as compared to a 4 year law degree alone, sounds so tempting!

I literally couldn't sleep. There was a debate going on in my head. (I realise, now that I'm older, debates seem to happen more frequently) A very strong motivation for me to head back to Singapore was to be near family in case anything happened. The guilt of not knowing of my Aunty's passing and missing her funeral still haunts me till this day. Then again, imagine the opportunities, a commerce and law degree in 5 years. I get the best of both worlds.... I tried my best to sleep but my brain was subconsciously weighing out the possibilities. I prayed and ask God to take away all these feelings that I had and to provide His guidance on where He thinks I should go.

In the morning, I did my usual routine of quiet time, wash up and then down for Breakfast. While I was getting breakfast, a tune came into my head. It was a tune of a hymn we regularly sing in Chapel. But only this phrase kept repeating in my head~ "I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart." At that point in time, I just felt an indescribable peace and calmness. That's when I realise, my worries were unnecessary.  God had everything in control. I just had to let go and let Him take control.

1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you.

This pretty much sums up my eventful week!

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa



Comments

Popular Posts