Simple Things in Life

Hey! I went for the Constitutional Convention WA yesterday. It was an amazing experience! Just having a chance to be there to attend the sessions held by various speakers, interact with other students from different schools to discuss our views & having a chance to take part in a mock referendum has helped me better understand the referendum process. I can't believe I actually represented my table as a spokesperson for the 2nd workshop - Ideas that we should suggest to the Gillard government to give recognition to the Indigenous people. My hands were practically shaking after I gave the speech. It has been a really long time since I spoke in front of a crowd. I thank God that my speech received a rather positive feedback from my teacher & my peers. If it is God's will, I really hope that I would have a chance to be a part of the 15 students that represent WA in the National Schools Constitutional Convention in Canberra next year. I would have to apply, submit an essay and they will select based on the essay as well as the participation in the WA constitutional convention.

Here's a picture I took during the break at the Constitutional Centre WA. Look at the pretty weather.

I am really thankful to God for giving me the opportunity and sending people who are so supportive. As a boarder, I had no transport to this event. I am really thankful that my Politics & Law teacher, Mrs Harris offered to pick me up and send me back to my boarding house after the event. I believe road trips are definitely a good way to get to know people & I am really blessed that this is my second road trip with a teacher. My first road trip was with my choir conductor Mrs Taylor. Anyway, the trip back to school was really exciting. As Mrs Harris owns a convertible, she removed the roof on the way back to school. Haha :D She's one cool teacher!


Anyway, I'm so excited! I just changed my bed sheets. The sense of achievement one feels after changing the bed sheets & the thought of sleeping in new sheets tonight is just Amazing! I can't wait to jump into bed tonight. The simple joys in life! I really Thank God for all that He has given me.

God's love & blessings~

XOXO
SuperGirl Marissa


Comments

Popular Posts