Volunteer Today!

Hey I am back! I feel so lucky that I am able to sign into google again. Like all of a sudden, I was curious to see if it would work and it did! :D So Anyway, I had a pretty amazing week. I sang at St. George's Cathedral last Sunday. Whoahhhh... The place is pretty amazing and HUGE! It indeed was an honor to be able to sing for a Sunday service outside school. Sang on Wednesday in School for the whole school Eucharist. It was a pretty huge event as the WHOLE school (literally from kindergarten all the way to year 12 was involved in it.) It was definitely an eye opener.

I have to Share something AMAZING! When I first started boarding, I felt lonely and homesick. Some how, I came across songs from 3rd Wave Music. They are Christians who hope to fulfill the Great Commission to spread God's love and the good news. When I heard their songs, I instantly felt peace within. I thought I would write to them hoping to encourage and support them. I left a note on their website but I did not get a response for a really long time. So I thought I would leave them a Facebook message and at the same time ask if they required volunteers because I would definitely love to play a part in reaching out to people especially after how God worked in my life. (Click here to read about it!)

They replied, " Marissa, thanks for those words. We want to touch more people and reach to places like Singapore... Praise God" So they did not mention anything about volunteering. -.-  However, when checked my twitter (I followed them on twitter) their recent tweet was about looking for volunteers to be a part of their Music Street Team. I was speechless! Is this God's direction? So I got in touch with the digital representative at 3rd Wave Music and I am currently on the volunteer list. Through the emails I had with Lisa, the digital representative, I can sense that they are genuine and really passionate about what they do. I appreciate how they list social networking ways to contact them if any volunteer is in doubt. If you have NEVER heard of 3rd Wave Music, I suggest that you check their website out. Try listening to the songs from their album that is posted on the website. I find their songs really uplifting.

I am really excited about this project and I certainly hope that more people will get to know God. He is truly amazing! To my friends who do read my blog, if you have been touched by God, I urge you to volunteer too! Click here to find out more

Comments

Popular Posts