Song of the week for 20/2 to 26/2

Okay this is a pretty new idea that I thought about. Every week, I will chose a Christian song which motivates and inspires me. I will also meditate on the song for the whole week and if there's a specific reason why I chose that song, I will write it out here on my blog. So... the song of the week for (20/2 to 26/2) is *drumroll* titled Who am I. Here's how the song goes

WHO AM I
Who am I that the Lord of all the Earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way for my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapour in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord You catch me when I'm falling
You told me who I am
I am YOURS

(Repeat as many times as you like :] )

I first heard this song 5 years ago but I kinda forgot it until recently... I was actually looking for videos of my favourite teen idol drama. Coincidentally, some related searches showed videos of Siwon, the male lead in the drama singing in his band's concert. Being a curious person, I decided to watch him sing as I am not very familiar with his singing abilities. After clicking on various related videos later, I found a video of him singing this song, Who am I at a concert. While watching the video, I was really inspired, touched and amazed. Siwon is currently part of Super Junior, a boy band rather famous round the world. Despite his fame, he gave glory to God. At the concert, he chose to sing this song and he actually said "Thank You God!" Just watching him sing in the video was really really amazing. Even though he was singing at a concert, I felt that he was in his own world, as if it was just him in God's presence. I know others may critisise his singing as he lacked diction. But hey, who are we to judge? Siwon is singing for only one audience and that is our AMAZING God :)

Here is the video...


I pray that I will be bold and courageous in praising and sharing the word of God.

I really thank God for helping me and giving me the courage to switch from Integrated Science to Politics and law. It was quite a quick decision and I am glad that God showed me the way and made the process of changing subjects quite a smooth one.

To God be the GLORY!


Comments

Popular Posts