187 days to final exam

"You made me insecure, Told me I wasn't good enough. But who are you to judge, When you're a diamond in the rough..." These are the lyrics from the song Who Says sung by Selena Gomez.
Well, this is a cover of the song by Tiffany & Megan :)

This song pretty much sums up my current emotions. I can't exactly explain what im feeling right now. Maybe its a teenage phase. Maybe I've just started my journey to self discovery. I'm learning to discover what I value & trying my best to resist what the world deems as 'popular' & 'cool'. I'm exploring what it means to be Me.

Many times, people ask me "Why do you blog? Isn't it a waste of time?"

Well, to be honest, I'm afraid. I'm very afraid about losing my memory one day when i grow old. If that day ever comes, sooner than expected, at least I can look back at my past blog posts to help me recall the past events that happened in my life. To me, blogging has a two fold objective. Firstly, blogging allows me to keep my loved ones updated with the ongoing things in my life as well as share my views with the world. Secondly, blogging encourages me to put my English essay skills to good use. Well, I do hope that my legacy would live on like Anne Frank's then again, many may say I'm being too ambitious. I'll be contented if my blog is able to encourage & inspire the lives of others :)

Anyway, time passes really fast! Just like that, a week of my holiday is over :( Our principal told us that we would have to spend 1 week playing and the other week studying as our mid year exams are pretty soon. That means i'll have to start studying and doing work tomorrow... Well, i'll just have to find the discipline to sit down and study. Compared to Perth, Singapore is full of distractions. It doesn't help that shops open till 10pm. (Shops in Perth closes at 5pm)

I must say, I had a great time in my 1 week of play. I managed to catch up with my bowling friends on two separate occasions, visited Penang for 3 day 2 night holiday & ate to my heart's content, finally met up with my Kor kor from Perth & visited Baby DJ.

Meeting & chatting with my Kor made me realise that i was normal. Well, in the sense that the self discovery process was a natural progression of life as he experiences it too. I learnt so much from him from the life experiences he shared and am glad he's willing to hang out with a crazy mei mei like me. He's like an older brother i never had :)

Meeting 5 Day old baby, DJ was awesome! He is such an adorable baby. Congratulations to Ben & Kate! You both are gonna be Awesome parents. <3 Thank you for being Awesome Christian mentors who took the time to chill with us whenever you could. We promise to take good care & show the same amount of love to baby DJ.


Yes, I couldn't really think of a proper title for the blog post.... 187 Days left to the start of my final exams. Please keep me in prayer <3

God's love & blessings always~

Xoxo
Supergirl M

Comments

Popular Posts