Lessons learnt...

I am on my way back HOME! On the plane! Yes, Back to Singapore! To me, this term has been really long & tiring! It is the first term of Senior Year with an important exam awaiting us at the end of the year. I guess its normal for work to get harder and have more crazy datelines. All in all, it was still manageable. But through it all, I learn to discover my own identity and work out my strengths and weaknesses to my advantage. I think this post has gotten a little too serious. :(

Anyway, I can't wait to be back in Singapore! All the yummy food I have been craving throughout the term... I remember telling Lea in A&F how much I was missing the black carrot cake and Korean Spicy Rice Cakes. T.T It's didn't help that Xander Eusebio, Brother-in-Christ, Part of 3rd Wave Music, one of Ms Michelle Chong's latest male lead for her movie 3 Peas in a Pod, was in Singapore. He posted pictures of yummy Singapore Food that flooded my timeline on twitter. :( It just intensified my cravings for yummy Singapore dishes T.T (Maybe it's retribution... because i sent him a picture of egg tarts on twitter to welcome him to Singapore and ate it on his behalf because he was on a diet in preparation of filming the movie >.<) Lesson learnt... Never send Xander pictures of food!
It's okay Xander, glad to see you bring out your hidden Singaporean by taking MRT and visiting a local school (ACSI), Enjoying THE YUMMY SINGAPOREAN FOOD!  It's needless to say, you definitely had a great time in Singapore. Come back soon ya?!

As an Asian, i truly believe that we bond through food. Take my boarding family for example. Our boarding mistress is pretty annoyed with us, Asians because we spend a long time in the dining hall. We tend to talk & catch up during meal times because we are so busy with our own schedules... It's like a family reunion at the end of the day kinda thing.

Anyway... Here's the list of food I have been keeping in my Phone that i Must have during my term break back in Singapore.... (In no particular order)

  • Black Carrot Cake
  • Xiao Long Bao
  • Char Kway Teow
  • Black Pepper Crab
  • He Tao Lou (Fish Steamboat)
  • Dim Sum
  • Gong Cha
  • Peking Duck
  • Sashimi
  • Paris Baguette
  • Yong Tau Foo (Changi & LP)
  • BBQ Stingray
  • Pork Bone soup noodle
  • Spicy Rice Cakes
  • Kimchi Soup
  • Cockles
  • Lor Mee
  • Molten Chocolate cake (North Border)

Friends meeting me over the holidays, this list might be useful... We can meet and have food from this list so that I can complete my 'mission'.

-EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkKKKKKK!!- That was my high pitched scream by the way. Can't wait!!!!!

Have a blessed weekend!

God's love & blessings~

XoXo
Supergirl Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts