Life is full of countdowns...

i was staring at my phone... (filled with countdowns.. and those of you who are wondering, yes, that's Siwon in the background)

...when i started reminiscing the days of freedom i had after my first major exam in Primary 6, that was at least half a decade ago. It seriously felt like it was only last year that i had my first major exam. i remember counting down the days till i had freedom, away from the assessment books and the scary examination hall. Looking back, it was my first (of the many that i'll have in life) proper countdown i had encountered. It felt exhilarating knowing that you have finally reached the day you were patiently awaiting!

From my phone, you can pretty much infer countdowns are a part of my life now. The teal coloured one is counting down to the start of WACE, the yellow coloured one is counting down to the Easter long weekend, the black coloured one is counting down to the start of my mid year exams... I think you pretty much get the picture.

Yes, awkwardly enough, COUNTDOWNs inspired me to write this blogpost. I don't know about you, but countdowns seem to be an important part of life. Well, my life at least. i'm sure my parents were patiently counting down the days: to my existence on Earth, my first step, my first word, my first day at school... you get the idea. Hopefully they're not counting down to the day i get married so that they can kick me out of the house :P 
But yea, countdowns are like everywhere and there are so many countdown for all the different things. Like for the next Olympics... 

Sometimes, i think countdowns to different occasions is what makes life exciting. Imagine if we didn't have countdowns to events... How boring would that be? My countdowns now are pretty school related since im still in school.
i THINK my countdowns
(i)10+ years down the road will be something like this: _ days to starting work, _ days to public holidays, _ days to moving out
(ii) 40+ years down the road will be something like this: _ days to retirement
(iii) 60+ years down the road will be something like this: _ days to heaven

To me, the biggest countdown in life will be the countdown to going to heaven. i mean, HOW COOL IS THAT? Heaven is gonna be so many times better than the best-est place on Earth.

"Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The Sun will not beat upon them nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb as the centre of the throne will be their shepherd  he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
~Revelations 7:16-17

We won't be hungry or thirsty, no need to worry about our physical appearance. Most of all, God will PERSONALLY wipe every tear from our eyes. Talk about personal service:) How AMAZING is that? Heaven is so Wowwwwwwwwww until my human brain's vocabulary cannot think of any other words to describe it. 

In the meantime, i'll have to continue doing my best for God's glory. Be a blessing to other people and fulfill my mission on Earth before i can look forward to going to heaven. 

Yay! i've come to the end of my blogpost :) Just realised, this is my 101th blogpost and i wrote it on the 11th of March. Haha how cool is that? Do continue to keep me & my tests in prayer. 
13/3/2013 - Math Test @8am
14/3/2013 - Accounting review check
i appreciate it lots. ♥

God's love & blessings always~

Xoxo
Supergirl Marissa




Comments

Popular Posts