Get a LIFE!

Okay, so this blog post is gonna be a little rant from me. Maybe not a rant. Just sharing my disappointment. I was on yahoo news and I saw an entertainment headline that caught my attention "Joanne Peh and Bobby Tonelli spilt up". I was curious so i clicked to read it. If you're curious to read the whole article, click here

Yea, so basically they ended their relationship of 4 years. Okay lah, can't get along then break up right? Rather than making each others lives miserable if they won't want to put in the effort to rescue their relationship. -shrugs shoulders- 

So I pretty much came to the end of the article feeling rather nonchalant about things until  i saw the comments made by other web users. I just shook my head with disappointment. I've screenshot some of the comments here below. Some comments are so crude and just shows how immature and ignorant people can get...
Some people are just so ignorant and self righteous to think that they themselves are so high and mighty. The list includes degrading, racist and lewd comments. As a female, i'm truly disgusted that such beings exist in society. They only think of themselves and only degrading and ugly words come out from their mouths and from their keyboards. It truly reflects one's character. Maybe you might disagree with me as im challenging gender stereotypes to a certain extent. As females are known to be weak, damsels in distress and some other connotations with similar meaning. But hey, that's why i blog. I wanna encourage you to share your views with me too.

I'm most annoyed at the last comment. From it, i can infer that this person is most probably a Singaporean due to its (notice i use ITS) unhappiness with Singapore's foreign policy. Im truly disgraced to have such a fellow citizen. Read also don't know how to read. This article is about celebrity break up, what does it have to do with the government?

Okay, jokes aside, I know people are unhappy with the government but making nasty, lewd comments and blaming the government gets you nowhere. "Be the change that you want to see!" It's easy to play the blame game, point fingers at others and critiquing them for the things they do. Have you ever tried being in their shoes? Cobra, you probably don't understand since you slither on the ground all day. (okay, bad joke. I know) Honestly, have you tried running a country? Scratch that, do you know all the sections of the constitution and how each section came about? Do you know the commitment and delegation one needs to sit through the sessions of parliament to ensure proper bills are passed? The various necessary stages to ensure that legislation is passed?

No, I don't either but i do look forward to the day where I can stand up and directly make a difference for our Country and our People. Sitting back with your legs crossed will get you nowhere. (oh, you don't have legs. I'm sorry, i forgot) Take the initiative! Initiate the change instead of moving your mouth or moving your fingers across the keyboard.

Just some mid week post to engage you guys <3

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Supergirl Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts