Hope for the future

It is currently 5:49am here and im sitting in my living room writing this post. I'll be leaving for the airport in about half an hour or so. I don't know what to title my blog post so i'll leave that to the end. This weekend back in Singapore has been great! I managed to catch up with my family & my church family. You know, when I look back, these 3 years have been pretty eventful for me. God revealed Himself & proven that He will provide. You know, there are many things I'll love to share but somehow, i can never do it by speaking. I guess I'll have to share it through my writing then.

In 2011, God extended my life. I know this my sound cliche but He actually did. Click Here to read it Maybe he used that incident to soften my dad's heart so that I could study overseas. I don't know for sure, but I'll ask God when I see Him. Looking back, I probably could not have survived it all without God. The pain killers were driving me crazy. Literally! I found myself having mood swings for no apparent reason.  Looking back at my post in 2011, I can really see how I've grown. I do apologise if my post then may seem childish or hurtful. It was truly a tough time for me & my family. You must be wondering, if God really loves me, why does He make me suffer? Well, all I can say that through it all, He hopes to mould me into a better person.
~Jerenmiah 29:11~
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God knows what's best for us. At that point in time, we might not understand why God allowed that to happen to us. But when we look back, we can see His plan falling into place.

In 2012, it was my first year in SMAGS, first year studying away from family support. Indeed, it was difficult at first, realising that Christianity was very different in Perth. In the sense many people dissed God very openly. They claimed to be Christians but their actions proved otherwise I know I have no right to judge, but this is my observation. Christianity there is very ritualistic and it has a large focus on the rituals (in my school chapel at least) and many times, they get too carried away doing the rituals that they forget the real reason of Worship - honour God. I guess through this, God was building me up to be more resilient. With His prompting, we started a bible study group. Click Here At first, it was hard being one of the 'religious ones' among the year group. But you know what? That doesn't matter. As long as I keep my eyes focused on God and others can be blessed through me. That's good enough :)
~Matthew 5:11~
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Stand up for God! Dare to be different.

The year 2013 is not over yet, but through this few months, God has revealed Himself to me and He sent me many Christian mentors to guide me along this journey of faith. I am thankful to each and everyone of them.  Many are probably thinking this. How do you know God is real? My answer is, God is indeed very real & alive as He worked in my life. Its hard to explain Christianity but having a personal relationship with God pretty much sums up everything:)

Yay! I'm done with the blogpost. Good timing! I gotta leave for the airport now. See you in my next blogpost!

God's love & blessings always~

Xoxo
Supergirl Marissa


Comments

Popular Posts