A Sense of Home

"Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Singapore! To all Citizens and Permanent Residents, Welcome Home!" I always look forward to this announcement when I am on my return flight to Singapore. The joy and excitement of returning to a familiar environment fills every section of my body. I never thought of migrating anywhere else because Singapore will always be my home no matter how much I detest the hot and humid weather that makes me sticky with perspiration.

The warm feeling of being home surrounded my loved ones is just indescribable. Walking out of the airport and seeing my loved ones welcoming me with open arms brightens up my day no matter how tired I may feel after the plane ride. The best part is enjoying the wide variety of food that Singapore has to offer. Walking through the food centre with the aroma of various cuisines flooding up my senses. This is definitely one of the things I miss the most when I am away from Singapore.

I am little disappointed that I would not be able to celebrate National Day in Singapore. But Here is the 2012 National Day theme song.  


I personally don't really like this year's theme song because I feel that it lack the catchy-ness. One of my favourite Theme Songs is titled Reach out for the Skies (i think.) I really love the lyrics and the melody of the song. I will link the video below.





Comments

Popular Posts