Seeing God through it All

Today marks the end of the first week back to school. Term 2 has officially started and I'll be having exams in a week or so. It took me awhile to adjust back to boarding and school routine. It's a Friday night so I thought i could spare some time to blog. I just came back from performing with the chorale at Music Night:)  Looking back at this past week, God has been with me through it all...

On Wednesday, 8 May, I decided to start my prayer routine that includes listing down the things im thankful for and gave thanks to God for them. Followed by praying for others and my needs. I try using the 5 finger prayer. I will put the picture down below. I prayed before heading off to bed.


On Thursday morning, 9 May, I woke up feeling so lonely... so lost... I was in despair. I practically had an emotional breakdown. (Yes, I cried...) So many things on my mind. I was scared, scared to grow up. When I did my quiet time from Our Daily Bread, I found God speaking to me. The bible passage was Exodus 14:19-25 (ESV version down below)

 19 Then the angel of God who was going before the host of Israel moved and went behind them, and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them, 20 coming between the host of Egypt and the host of Israel. And there was the cloud and the darkness. And it lit up the night[a] without one coming near the other all night.21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the Lord drove the sea back by a strong east wind all night and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. 22 And the people of Israel went into the midst of the sea on dry ground, the waters being a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. 23 The Egyptians pursued and went in after them into the midst of the sea, all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen. 24 And in the morning watch theLord in the pillar of fire and of cloud looked down on the Egyptian forces and threw the Egyptian forces into a panic, 25 clogging[b] their chariot wheels so that they drove heavily. And the Egyptians said, “Let us flee from before Israel, for the Lord fights for them against the Egyptians.” 

I felt that God was speaking directly to me. God never left the Israelites  He went as a pillar of cloud. In the same way, God is always with us! God tells us "Don't worry" as well. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

After that, I shared with Mom how I felt and she whatsapp-ed me verses that reminded me I am never alone because God is always with me even though I may not realise it.  In the afternoon, she sent me images of her devotion and the topics were just so timely! God was like using these printed devotions to speak to me.


 At the end of the day, I felt so much better. It was as if God used a vacuum cleaner and sucked up all the negative emotions I had. Recently, a Christian mentor reminded me that Prayer is not a monologue, it is a 2 way conversation (dialogue) with God. I am beginning to understand. There is so much more I have to learn about God... I shall start reading my bible to discover more about God.

Well, my exams are coming up and I hope you can keep me in prayer.

21st May - English Exam
23rd May - Maths Exam
24th May - Accounting & Finance Exam
28th May - Economics Exam
29th May - Politics & Law Exam


Have an Awesome weekend!

God's love & blessings~
Xoxo
Supergirl Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts