Homeless No More

It is only our 3rd Day here in Kaohsiung, but I feel that we have accomplished so much! We just came back after a long day of cleaning our apartment. Yes,  I am homeless no more. I'm so grateful to each and every person who kept me in their prayers - addressing my concern of housing. This was definitely an opportunity for me to witness God's providence and 'just stepping out of the boat' - growing my faith in Him.

Unlike many other exchange students to NSYSU, Jesmine, myself & Jiajia (JMJ) decided to be physically present in Kaohsiung to do the house hunting, afraid that the house may look completely different from the pictures posted online.

After we landed, we headed to our airbnb accommodation and spent the rest of the day visiting various apartments around the siziwan area.  I was honestly very disheartened as the condition of the 1st & 2nd apartment that we viewed was really poor although the pricing was really really cheap.

The 3rd apartment that we viewed for the day was decent and I really loved it. However, the pricing was really steep and she wanted a minimum of 6 months. At this point in time I was a little stressed out as we only had a short time in our airbnb apartment and currently nowhere to stay for the next 4.5 months.

I remember sharing with my friend about the current situation I was in,  desperately needing 'God's favor & grace' to get through this and to trust that HE will provide. My friend said something that really impacted me. The response was " I'm definitely sure God will provide... But maybe not the apartment you like? But more towards an apartment that is essential..." This really changed my perspective and encouraged me to redirect my focus and just to trust in God knowing that He already has everything prepared for me.

The next day, we viewed more apartments. This apartment caught our attention, it was 1 stop further away from the university. It was on the top most floor. Literally the penthouse. It had the rooftop open area & view like those Korean dramas. The condition was slightly better compared to the 1st and 2nd apartment that we saw and the price was more reasonable than the 3rd one.

As our school term was only 4.5 months, this landlord allowed us to rent for that period instead of the conventional 6 months.

Through this housing episode, I could really see God's providence and how HE never fails. Even though there may be times where you start stressing out, taking things into your own hands, God has everything in control. All you need to do is keep your focus on Him and have faith.

I am just so excited to see how God is going to use me here in Kaohsiung. :)

Back to cleaning again tomorrow! Stay tuned for more updates~

Xoxo
God's love & blessings~

Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts