Messed up Disappointments

Have you ever felt like your life is in a mess? There's no certainty as to where you're going? Or you just don't know who to trust anymore? I've realised I've been living my life as if i'm a criminal on the run. Very cautious and weary of the people around me. As if a wrong step would lead to a minefield exploding right in my face.

I had always been troubled but I couldn't pin point what it was. It was not until yesterday that I figured I subconsciously built a wall around myself. This wall not only affected my relationship with people but also my trust in God. I was in anguish. I didn't know how to demolish this wall.

I decided to go to God in prayer. I didn't exactly know how and what to pray but the burden on my shoulders was just too much to bear. I started crying before Him.

James 5:11 - As you know, consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord has finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

The verse above spoke to me. A lot has been going on. My skin has been flaring up and it's rather annoying. In youth camp the previous year, God told me he was in the process of healing me. But nothing seems to be happening. This verse reminded me to be patient and to continue to TRUST Him.

I felt guilty that I was somewhat doubting God. But the second part of he verse "The Lord is full of compassion and mercy" brought me great comfort.

I honestly think that I've been focussing on the wrong things. I have been thinking that I'm such a messed up person, my life is in a mess and I was actively seeking a way out of it by my own strength. This probably contributed to my burdens. I'm jumping into the deep end and leaving my cares and worries to God.

Only God can use my MESSed up life and Turn it into a MESSage so that others may come to know Him.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts