Lessons Learnt from Movie - The Police Story 2013 (Jackie Chan production)

OMG! This is my first post for 2014! Happy New Year! May 2014 be a fulfilling and joyful year :)

I recently headed to Malaysia to attend a distant relative's wedding and took the opportunity to go to the cinema to catch Jackie Chan's latest movie, The Police Story 2013. It was an action packed film and it kept the audience guessing. There were distinct signs that Jackie Chan was aging. Other than that, his moves were as cool as ever!

Here's the trailer for it....




While watching the movie, I was looking out for valuable lessons that I could apply in my own life....

LESSONS LEARNT....

LESSON #1 : DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER
This sounds familiar doesn't it? Yea, I mentioned it in my previous "Lessons Learnt from  Movie - 3 Peas in a Pod." I think this is a very valuable and important lesson. Many a times, we humans are very judgmental beings. Yes, I'm guilty of this 'offense'. It's easy to "dislike" people or have a bad first impression of them just because they look or act in a certain way. Similarly in movies, don't assume that the good looking actor is the good guy.

LESSON #2 : TREASURE YOUR LOVED ONES
Life is very precious & fragile. You never know when your loved one is going to die and leave you. As the saying goes, "Time & Tide waits for No Man." What's the point of working your guts out, but you later regret when your loved one passes on and you didn't get a chance to say your final goodbyes.

LESSON #3 : EVERY LIFE IS PRECIOUS
This was a phrase that was repeated several times in the film. It really got me thinking. Article 3 on the UN Declaration of Human Rights states that Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of a person. This got me thinking... Does a murderer deserves a right to life? I mean he murdered and took away the life of an innocent person. Or does the criminal deserve the right to life when his mere existence threatens society's right to life? It is really a confusing concept. It is not clearly separated into black or white.

Yea, that's basically what i got from the Movie. 3 Lessons I learnt from watching The Police Story 2013. Thought that I'd type it out before it starts fading away...


Hope you had an AWESOME NEW YEAR'S DAY!

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts