Home and Away

It has been quite awhile since I blogged. I have been busy with so many things... University applications (both locally and overseas), my job and finding a cure for my eczema.

I took awhile to get over my grades. I didn't do as well as I expected. But I'm truly thankful and grateful to my teachers who are ever so encouraging and wise to provide the necessary words of wisdom. I'm surprised that University of Melbourne offered me a place in their well known commerce degree. I'm in the midst of applying for local universities in Singapore. I know many may think I'm silly to apply to local universities as many Singaporeans are trying to find an escape away from Singapore.

I'm actually shocked to find so many of my peers dissing Singapore just by simply agreeing to that viral video. Having lived away from Singapore for quite a significant period of time, I have learnt that life overseas isn't a bed of roses. As a politics & Law student, I've learnt to examine and weigh out the pros and cons of the different political systems around the world. I've realised my fellow citizens are myopic in the way the view things and the world. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Every country has their own problems.

For me, Singapore will always be home. Majority of my family are in Singapore and they have been my pillar of strength and support throughout my overseas education journey. I honestly can't imagine calling anywhere else home. If you ask me, one can migrate overseas but they would always be treated like a "second grade" citizen if you know what I mean.

My job has been really exciting and dynamic. It's really strange but I actually love it! I'm learning so many things and meeting so many people from diverse backgrounds. I'm really grateful to my mentors who provided guidance and advice with respect to the various matters I was handling.

With regards to my skin, it became so bad ever since I came back to Singapore. It's as if my skin is allergic to Singapore :( It got really itchy and I had to see a dermatologist at LL Cheong skin and laser clinic. Seriously, I find it very stressful to see a doctor. Especially a skin doctor because I'm reminded of how abnormal I am :( Yea, so with doctor's advice, I'm grounded at home for at least 5 days. I've to be in wet PJs most of the time and they are really uncomfortable. I do hope that my skin gets better though. 

Yea, that's about it. Story of my life.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts