P.S edit: Wishing you the best... [Media Debate]

This post is dedicated to Wu Chun, one of my celebrity  crushes  role models who taught me to try everything and not be afraid to fail. At around 6pm today, he has finally come clean with the media. He is married and has a daughter of about 2 years old. http://www.chunzone.com/news/?p=7933 Here's the article in Chinese from his blog if you wanna read it. I had a hard time reading it since it has been awhile since I've read Chinese.

I'm really happy for him. But I kinda wished he told us fans sooner. He must have had his reasons for it. Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures of his daughter. I'm sure she is gorgeous!

This situation has brought the issue of who are the real victims of the media? Are celebrities victims of the media or are the media victims because celebrities manipulate the media to report on things that would make them more appealing to the public? I mean, for 2 years or more the media has tried to bring his marriage to light but somehow, his artiste management company had the power to shoot the media down, preventing the truth from spreading... I guess the next debate of the media is whether the media reports the news vs making the news. To a certain extent, the media has been known for making the news so even when they try to report the news, no one really believes them... It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for Mr. Wu Chun that he finally has a family to call his own. But I'm not really happy with the hypocrisy that exists within the media industry where he has been trying to show that he has been "victimised" by the media when the truth is he and his management company has been manipulating the media all this while. Oh well, this is life.

Mr. Goh, thank you for being a positive influence in my life and being a driving factor with regards to me embarking on my overseas education journey. Thank you for the good times and most of all, thank you for being a part of 飛輪海! Without you guys, I would have given up on Chinese a long time ago...
I really wish Mr. & Mrs. Wu Chun all the best and may they always share happiness, joy & peace in their household!

God's love & blessings~
Xoxo
Marissa

P.S. edit: I've been reading & thinking about this situation. I mean, for the whole 2 years or so, Wu Chun has been keeping his wife and child under wraps. What made him suddenly change his mind to let the whole world know about his family? Well, I was reading Xin MSN article and something totally clicked in my head. I quote "吴尊明天将现身新书记者会,想必会迎来众多媒体追踪报道" Well  rough translation is Wu Chun will be present at his book launch ceremony and this would attract the media to ask him questions about this issue. I don't know about you but doesn't this seem to scream out at you? Coming clean with the media 1 day before his book launch? To me, it seems like he is trying to catch the media's attention so that his book launch would be more successful. Call me skeptical, but evidence seems to suggest that our dear Wu Chun here is manipulating the media by "dropping bombs" so as to gain a wider news coverage for his book launch that so happens to be the next day....  I'm sorry, but if this is really the case, I do not agree with his actions. Well, this is just my theory. Only he knows what his true intentions are for suddenly coming clean with the media after more than 2 years.

More articles for your reference: http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/wu-chun-pays-homage-spore-new-book?page=0%2C2 In this article, posted on 1 Oct, moments before he released the earth shattering news, He blatantly lied to the media I quote "Wu, who usually avoids private questions, said: "I can only share myself with one girl. That one girl can be Singaporean, Indian, Australian et cetera.
"I don't limit myself to anything when it comes to looking for the right girl for my life."
 You know, this issue has made me think about the accountability about Public figures (be it politicians, celebrities etc...) I guess I'll save it for next time.

Comments

Popular Posts