Amidst the rush...

" I can totally imagine you in a pencil skirt & a blazer looking professional," exclaimed my guardian when we had the usual discussion of my career options.

This term break was really different! Before I flew back to Singapore, I saw an advert on a Facebook group looking for people to work as the exhibition crew in the Franchising & Licensing Fair Asia held at MBS. After further discussion with my parents, I called them up and went for the interview. For me, it didn't really matter if I got the job or not, it was more for the interview exposure. 

The next thing I knew, I was called up and sent for product training. I got to know 4 other gorgeous girls and had the privilege of working with them for the next 3 days at MBS. It was a learning experience as I gained a better understand in the area of franchising the business and learning to communicate the brand to other people who visited the fair. I guess, the best way to sell the product is to believe in it first. 

Soon after, one thing just led to the next. I soon found myself calling potential franchisees, sitting with them at the flagship store in the CBD and understudying the directors while they further explain the business in greater detail. I'm really greatful for the opportunity to work and learn from the cool directors. 

Sitting in the store and watching people come in and out to grab their lunch made me wonder.... Would I be one of them in the next 5 years? Would I be a part or the monotonous routine that society deems as a norm? I really don't know. But I am definitely not in favor of the routine. I really enjoyed this holiday job as it was dynamic and I may even consider this career path in the near future.





But for now, I'll enjoy my wide variety of salads and free time before I head back to my full on study mode. If you're ever in the CBD area, come on down to Munch Saladsmith at 112 Robinson road to try out the wide variety of salads and baked salmon, chicken or sausages. It's a refreshing concept. :) 
If I had the capital, I would definitely consider franchising the business.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa


Comments

Popular Posts