Reflections on the Past week

The year 12 ball was great! It was definitely a different experience as its not really a Singaporean culture to have massive balls. At most, a dinner dance. You could pretty much sense the excitement building up as we got nearer the day of the ball. But it takes too much effort to dress up. >:/
To be honest, this week has been pretty significant. Many things was going through my mind and once again, God has shown His faithfulness to me.

On Thursday, we had religion class.(It's compulsory :/) For those who are wondering what religion class is, it is probably where we come to learn about the different religions and exercise of freedom of expression as we're allowed to voice our ideas and opinions. The topic of our discussion was about heaven and hell. We learnt about how the different religions viewed heaven and hell. During the discussion, my mind drifted away... i'm going to be very honest here. Be prepared ya. i probably deserved to be shot for once again doubting God.

i wondered, what if God did not exist? What if Heaven did not exist? Does that mean after living this tiring life on Earth, we will have to suffer eternally in hell? The thought literally scared me. i realised what i was doing, i prayed asking God for forgiveness and for Him to reveal His plan that he has for me. Throughout the day, i was feeling rather burdened. At around 8.10pm, i received a tweet from Ms Michelle Chong. She said that she met my dad and he seems like a nice man. Well firstly, i was shocked! Normally i'm the one who tweet her. But this time, she took the initiative to tweet me. Did i mention i was shivering? My room wasn't that cold... Secondly, i found the tweet rather random. But through the tweet, i realise my purpose once again. i was to be a living testimony for Him in ALL that i do. i'll continue to pray that the Holy Spirit will touch the hearts of people around me.

Today, while i was on twitter, taking a quick break from my essays, i received a Direct message from Mr. Anthony Eusebio. He told me to check my email. i mentioned him before in my previous post prior to youth camp and shared about his willingness to pray for the youth camp. Here's the post CLICK HERE! After youth camp, i emailed him to thank him for praying and i shared a few of the testimonies that the youths shared during the camp. I thought it will be encouraging for the stakeholders to hear the outcome of their prayer efforts. For the longest time, I did not get a reply. Not that i was expecting one. When I checked my email and read His reply, I was shivering. The similar feeling i had when i received Ms Michelle Chong's tweet. My room wasn't that cold. i believe it was the Holy Spirit's doing.

Well, this is a portion of the email that impacted me....

"I'd just read your letter again, this time slowly & thoroughly. I've to admit that when I received it I was just reading it with a glance but did not digest it all. But today, I felt like reading your tweets, then your blog, and finally searched back your old correspondents in my mail & read them all over again.
I could only find one reason for doing that - God's timing!!!"  and 

"I'd read your blog regarding 'weakling' story, first of all your friend & your mom said the right thing, and I was about to tell you exactly the same. But as I continue to read thru, I'd found all the words that I wanted to tell you was told by your mom & your close friend, wow!! Amazing how God connect our spirits together!!!"

Thank You God for sending people to remind me of Your love towards me. It is just simply amazing how You'd use my disappointment & imperfections and turn it into something better.

Have a blessed week ahead!

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Supergirl Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts