Youth Camp encounter


Ever since birth, I had eczema. For as long as I could remember, I have been consulting doctors hoping to find a cure for my skin. I longed and wished to be normal like everyone else. The red, itchy & patchy skin affected my self-confidence and restricted me from wearing shorts as I did not want to risk showing my ugly legs. For years, I have been praying for healing for my skin but nothing seem to be happening, or so I thought...

When I came back to Singapore for my year end holiday, my skin started to flare up. The itch was unbearable so much so it kept me from sleeping. Many of my friends will tell you sleep is very important to me & I cannot live without sleep. Going for weeks without proper restful sleep was driving me crazy! I reached my breaking point on 26 december 2012 (1 day before the youth camp) my skin was extremely itchy and I simply could not get to sleep. I was so frustrated and I questioned God. " Why can't I be normal?, " why do I have to suffer?", "Why don't You heal me?" I was agitated and came to the conclusion that God hated me.

Due to the accumulated lack of sleep over the past few weeks, I was in no mood to go for youth camp & I wanted to back out. My mom encouraged me and oh was I glad I attended. On 27 december 2012, I dragged myself out of bed, It was not until 28 december 2012 that I experienced God. Pastor Anthony ended his session by asking campers who wanted to have a deeper relationship with God to raise their hands so that the adult leaders could pray for us. Linnette prayed for me and at that point in time, we were strangers who knew nothing about each other. She prayed & reassured me that God is in the process of healing me and He loved me very much because I was made in His image. I started tearing because I was touched and astounded as I had never shared that I questioned God with anyone. 

On 29 december 2012, Day 3 of the camp, Pastor Anthony had a final session with us. Before ending, he & the adult leaders prayed for us while worship was played. While the song Awakening was sung, I started tearing. When pastor Anthony prayed for me, he saw a vision of a gramaphone. Somehow I have a thing for music eh. During the night session conducted by Pastor Evangeline and her team, we learnt about the advancement of God's kingdom and how we should view things for a spiritual perspective rather than the worldy perspective. We had a rather intense (The Holy Spirit was definitely with us as many, including myself was moved to tears) worship session where Pastor Evangeline & the adult leaders prayed for those who wanted to be filled with the Holy Spirit. It was heartening to see the willingness of the many youths to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Linnette came by to pray for me. Again, she reassured me that God is in the process of healing ' my skin doctors could not cure' and 'double potion of anointing' as I lead people to God. We were left to pray/worship on our own after the adult leaders prayed for us. While enjoying God's presence, I prayed for healing for my skin (as I was in doubt that God was healing me) and I asked Him to use me as a living testimony for Him, to grant me the strength to overcome the obstacles I may face while shining for Him. 

Pastor Evangeline ended the session with a blessing tunnel. Pastor Evangeline & the adult leaders formed a tunnel where they would bless each and every camper that walked through it. When it was my turn, Pastor Evangeline reassured me that God is in the process of healing me, God will be with me & grant me the strength to overcome the obstancles that may appear while I shine for Him. Wow, I was blown away. These were like answers/reassurance to the prayers I prayed moments before during worship. Between 2 different people, God told me He's in the process of healing me 3 times! I do believe God is real and I'm never alone because the Holy Spirit is within me.

Comments

Popular Posts