Dilemma week

"It's an internal dilemma i face ALL the time, To gain fame & fortune (man's approval) vs. God's approval. It's a challenge im learning to overcome. i pray that God will help me get better at being 'bo chap' (Singaporean slang for Ignorant) to the world's definition of success. "

This week had been filled with dilemma. There has been an internal dilemma going on. I have always wanted to enter the media industry and this in some ways led me to making rash decisions in the past. This time, Michelle Chong is organising an audition to find her next female lead for her new movie 3 peas in a pod. The female lead would get to act in Australia with Alexander Lee-Eusebio (former Ukiss member) & Calvin Chen (from Fahrenheit) in March 2013. The thought of being selected was so tempting!

I really wanted to go for the auditions so I shared the idea with my mom & kinda prayed about it. My mom was rather strict and she reminded me that this year is a major year for me with a university entrance exam waiting for me at the end of the year. I definitely could not afford to miss school in the month of march should I get selected. I was kinda disappointed that I would miss this opportunity of a lifetime. So I prayed and asked God for His opinion of it. If it was His will for me to attend the audition, speak to me or let me hear His voice. If it is not His will, take away all the disappointment, change my mindset and keep my eyes focused on God.

So for the past few days, I have been praying for God's guidance with regards to this audition and for Him to use me as a blessing to others. No, I did not hear anything from God about going ahead with the audition. But somehow, I felt my perspective of life changing day by day. My disappointment about the audition was evolving into hope in my Christian life. When I posted the opening paragraph on Facebook on 17/1/13, I felt peace within.

This made me think.... So what if I was famous? So what if I got to know Alexander, Calvin, Michelle Chong & the rest of the production crew personally and had them as friends? Would I be happy?
Well, maybe Yes for that period in time. But if I look at it at God's perspective, these seem to be temptations that will distract me from shining for Him. In fact, there is so much to be done for God's glory. I will have to pray and trust that God has a perfect plan for me (each & everyone of us actually).

This year is gonna be a crazy year for me! I will definitely need God's strength & courage to see me through. I'll definitely appreciate if you keep me in prayer.

God's love & blessings always~

Xoxo
Supergirl Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts