Stay Positive, Make the Best of Every Situation

"Stay positive..." This was one of the phrases I got a lot from my English teacher in Year 11. So I just started school in a whole new Country and was getting use to the system. English was tested and graded differently in Australia compared to my hometown in Singapore. I got a shock when I first saw my initial grades for English.

I kinda started this blog because I wanted to get more practice, to improve my writing skills. Some how along the way, I felt that God wanted something more to this blog. Something along the lines about being brutally honest in sharing my experience in my faith journey and life altogether.

So today, was the final day of internship with Great Eastern. We survived the 10 weeks! Initially, I was quite disappointed that I did not manage to secure internship of my first choice, an artiste management company. Period. I honestly wasn't really looking forward to a desk bound job with routines. But I remember asking God to use me to be a blessing to wherever He places me.

The first few weeks, for me, was really challenging, there were dilemmas going on within me. I had a hard time adjusting to the routine. A part of me had the illusion that if I had gotten the internship of my first choice, life would have been so much better. I am not proud of this, but I did complain during the first few weeks. Moving ahead, I got a much stronger desire for wanting to bless and touch the lives of the people around me. Chloe & I kinda started the weekly initiative to leave an encouragement note and something small for the people of our department. The more you focus on other people, the less time you have to wallow in your own situation/self pity. I kinda got over the fact that I would be stuck in GE for the next 10 weeks. Since I was there,  I might as well make the best use of my time there. The remaining weeks flew past so quickly!

Saying goodbye to my colleagues today was just so hard. If anything, I have come to love the team, writing the little encouragement notes for the weekly treats and just seeing them so happy with the little treat. Today, seeing them so bonded and coming together to throw us a farewell really touched my heart.

I can now understand why God placed me in GE for that 10 weeks, the people that he has connected me with. To encourage, to minister and to bless. It is all part of His plan. I just pray that my presence in that department has blessed and touched the lives of my colleagues.

When you live by faith, God takes you on an adventure. It might be contrary to the norms. But just go with the flow. Trust me, you'll be so glad that you took the step of faith.

This season, God has led me to people and open doors that I never once thought was possible. God has shown me what it means to really love people. He is really pushing me out of my comfort zones and testing my boundaries.

 In the past, I remember telling Uncle A how I wish I didn't have to follow my calling. How I wish I could ignore feeling so much for people. I believe, God is using this season to grow me into the warrior He plans for me to be.  Looking back, it was a gift that I had prayed for 3-4 years ago - To be able to be sensitive to know what & how to pray for people. I feel like superhero who is learning to put their powers to good use... HAHA anyway, I digress.

As today was my last day, I felt prompted to share one of my favourite books with one of my favourite people in the department. I hope she will be encouraged and blessed by it as much as it has impacted my life. For all my Sisters-in-Christ out there, I really recommend this book. I pray that God will speak to you through Sheila's experience. Reminding you of how real our God is and how much He loves us regardless of our career, achievement or accolades.



Till next time, 

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa


Comments

Popular Posts