Healing - A new perspective

It feels like forever since I did a blog post. I think I have been keeping too many things to myself that I am about to explode. Currently at week 7 of Year 2, Semester 1. At times I find it a struggle to juggle my school work, exercise and my blog. Evidently I have been neglecting my blog hence the lack of updates.

Many things has happened since my last blog post. I have definitely gotten stronger physically as I have been consciously making an effort to work out. However,  I need to gain courage again, recently the fear of sharing my life crept back in and discouraged me to write stuff on my blog. But I know I dedicated my blog to God and gave Him my word that I would use this as an avenue to honestly share my life experiences and my faith journey. So I need to do just that.

I don't know how I should put my recent emotions into words but I will do it to the best of my ability.
As you know, I have been battling eczema for a really long time. I have also been applying steroids on my skin for years now. But steroids hardly solve the problem. They do mask the red patches for awhile but it damages the skin in the long run. There have been cases of Eczema patients experiencing Topical Steroid Withdrawal (TSW). I spoke to my doctor about it but she seems to deny it. But as a patient, I witness my foot that used to be with very mild eczema turn red and patchy after the repeated application of steroid and it never got back to normal.

I was recommended Christian literature by my Christian mentor that gave me a new insight and perspective about healing from God. God is ever ready to heal but am I/ are we ready to receive it? The chapters written in the book made me reflect on my own attitude and heart about receiving healing from God. At a youth camp 3 years ago, I was ministered to and was told that I would receive healing soon. But at that time, I honestly was skeptical about it. I mean, I have had eczema since birth, if God wanted to heal me, He would have done that ages ago. Of course another part of me was like 'it would be great if God could heal me'.

After reading the book, I realised that sometimes, our own unbelief and doubt hinders the work of God. My own attitude towards receiving healing from God was completely wrong. God wants to heal me. But I can't believe I wasn't excited about it before. But now, I am going to pray with the word of God and pursue that healing God has for me relentlessly.  I am going to have an expectant heart in receiving healing! Because of what Jesus did on the cross for me, I am forgiven and am healed. There is victory in Jesus' resurrection!

But he (Jesus) was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

Back to TSW, I have stopped using steroid creams for awhile now. I am afraid to say this because there will be people out there thinking I am crazy. Trust me, there was a dilemma within myself too when I first stopped using it. Thoughts of 'what if my skin gets worse?' flooded my mind. But I am trying very hard to reject those thoughts and I'm learning to trust that God will provide the healing that I need. Trust me, the debates within myself get really exhausting. Sometimes, I feel really helpless. But I will continue to cling on to God and Trust that healing is on its way.

...And do not be grieved, for the JOY of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10

This has been what I have been up to lately. When i decided to trust God completely for healing, doubts started flooding my mind at an exponential rate. (It is as if the evil one is tempting me to stop exercising my faith. :/ )It is war in the spiritual realm I tell you. I probably make no sense to you right now.

Anyway, it would be great if you pray alongside with me :)

Hope you have been keeping well.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa


Comments

Popular Posts