Keep hanging on to Christ

It's been awhile since my last post. So many things happened. I took sometime away from blogging to sort out my own feelings towards it.

Yes, I have gotten back my exam results. After semester 1, I learn not to have any expectations. I felt that my results were okay with the exception of having to retake statistics. For those who know me personally will know my immense hate for numbers. Stats was one of my most hated subjects this semester or even this year for that matter.

When I found out I had to retake it, I was shocked, angry, frustrated. It's not as if I didn't put in any effort this semester to study for Stats... I felt like I had wasted my time. I was questioning God, asking why would He allow me to fail.

Coincidentally, that Sunday, I had to be the prayer leader for youth Ministry. I was praying for God's guidance on what to share and pray for youth min. God speaks in many ways. This time, He spoke through my daily devotion.

Isaiah 40:30-31
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young man shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not be faint.

This was the verse I chose to share with the youth Min as well. In life disappointments are inevitable. We should not let our past disappointments hold us back from the victories God has prepared us for.

At that point of time when I was sharing, I was in the midst of struggle, to surrender this situation of having to retake my stats to God. After sharing with the youths, I felt an immense sense of peace and I just knew that God was in control. He made me retake for a reason. Maybe retaking is a blessing in disguise.

When you don't understand. When you can't see His plan. When you can't trace His hand. Trust His heart.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts