Confessions of an Eczema sufferer

It's funny how I had this blog for quite a long time but I never really shared in detail about my skin condition. I'm an eczema sufferer. I inflict harm on myself when the itch is unbearable. I become a 'crazy' person as I don't really have control over myself scratching anymore. This leaves my skin with red patches and sometimes open wounds that bleed.

Confessions of an eczema sufferer
I wish I was normal. You have no idea how envious I am of people with normal skin. I wish I didn't inflict harm on my skin whenever I itch uncontrollably leaving (battle) scars. I wish I didn't have to feel embarrassed when people asked me what's wrong with my skin. Most of all, I wish there was a cure for eczema. And for all these reasons, I struggle. I struggle to love myself.

This is me. One of the many fighters against eczema.

I posted this slightly after midnight on my social networking site after I experienced one of the worse itch I had thus far. It lasted for more than an hour and I just remembered crying to the Lord asking Him why does He allow this to happen to me... I'm really not strong enough for this... And many other things of similar nature. I did this over and over until the anti-hestamin tablet knocked me out.

This morning when I awoke, I received so many encouraging messages and reminders for God's love for me. It is very encouraging to see the support from friends. In fact before I posted it, I was worried of what others would think of me? A freak? An alien? A weakling? Then I thought about my random thought for the weekend...

If what I write and post would be able to touch, reach out or connect with someone, I would do it (even if it means jeopardizing my "image").
It is encouraging to know that I have other friends who are in the battle with eczema as well.

For the longest time, I did not want to be associated with my other blog where i shared about my eczema journey afraid of what others would think. As I share my raw emotions without sugar coating it. But I believe God gave me eczema for a reason. And when healing comes, it will be huge and bring glory to His name. So here it is Living with eczema by faith - www.theeczemabeauty.blogspot.com I know some of you may even turn away from me knowing the true, real me. I'm no perfect person. In fact, I'm just like everyone else struggling with the world. Behind my smiles & optimism lies a broken soul that is longing to cling onto God's promises.

Are you suffering right now? Do you have a burden that you can't let go of? Know that there is someone greater who loves you. God loves you so much. He has a plan for you. All He asks is that we trust him. Even though we might not know where or when healing is going to take place. Having a heart of gratitude and celebrating little successes makes the journey of faith a more bearable one.

Even though the evil one planned to harm me, God intended it for good. Through the flare up ordeal, I witnessed God's love, grace and mercy. How God uses people like you and me to reach out and bless other people. It is amazing to witness how my random thought for the weekend actually applying to real life.

That's all from me for now.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts