My weekend escape

It's the weekend! I finally got the chance to go out into the civilian world to observe and learn more about people. Haha actually I'm waiting for my LG to arrive. Normally we would have LG in church but today, Sherwin suggested an off site meeting...

I'm slightly early... so I decided to camp out at KFC with the yummy chicken porridge and a cup of ice milo. There are 3 couples seated within KFC, a mother & 2 daughters and another mother & son having brekkie at KFC.

It is a rather quiet Sunday morning with music echoing throughout KFC.

I love sitting at cafés and observing people. Some may call it a waste of time especially in our fast paced society. But for me, it's soothing. It has a calming effect. It provides an escape for me.

Am I running away? Maybe. I wanna breakaway from what society demands of me and the never-attainable level of success. I wanna hear from the voice within and not all the thousands of voices throwing in their 2 cents worth. Most importantly,  I wanna be me. The me who I was created to be and not the me churned out by the sausage making machine of society.

Will I ever succeed in going against the norms? I don't know. But I'll never know until I try right?
Enjoy your weekend! ^^
God's love & blessings
Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts