Back to school

I have been away for quite sometime and for that, I apologise. In a blink of an eye, university has started. I moved in to my resort style hostel at Pulau NTU. I'm in a midst of much adjustment after enjoying months of just chilling and hanging around. I admit prior to moving into hall, I was a little skeptical and worried.  Yes im no stranger to boarding and staying away from home... But this was a whole new experience coming into hall after being in a girls' school most of my life.

When I attended the Freshmen Orientation Camp, I realised my fears were unnecessary. My group was really bonded and I felt like there were family! The seniors did an amazing job of  bonding us and they made us feel so welcome in hall. It felt like I was in boarding all again! I was totally in love with hallxv.
This passionate love drove me to do something crazy (in my own opinion). I decided to run for the position of Financial Secretary in the Junior Common Room Committee (JCRC) within my hall. It was a learning experience for me. I mean, I did learn about the various theories in Politics and Law... I saw this as an opportunity to actually be  part of it to have a better idea of what politicians actually do during the election process. Politics and Law in practice :)

I was running against a senior. Yeah a normal person wouldn't do that. (I guess that's how oppositions might feel when running against incumbent governments) I mean the thought of it may even be an obstacle to some.  Yes at times I was afraid. Especially when we had to go on stage to give a speech for the rally and "get shot" by questions from the floor.  But through the whole process,  I made new friends and I learnt so much from the seniors. Most of all, I wanna thank my ARTHAS family for being so supportive and so encouraging.

The past week has been crazy, trying to juggle my school work as well as campaigning for JCRC. Now that I've finally time to blog(im waiting for my lecturer to come) I think im getting better at time management. Haha Ive this little testimony to share. Before the rally on thursday, I was freaking out. I never ever felt that intense fear before. I prayed and asked God for His guidance and mercy. I felt that I have been neglecting God, was losing direction and taking control of my own life hence experiencing that deep sense of fear. During and after the rally,  the  fear that I once had faded away. My perspective slowly changed as well. I just wanted to do my best... People might hate me for saying this... but the result didn't matter anymore. By the end of it all, I just wanted to be a worthy competitor. And I can say I have no regrets because I did my best.
Not getting elected into the JCRC might be a blessing in disguise because this means that I would have more time for other things like my school work and cheer(and trying out other new things)! Not being elected into the JCRC wont stop me from contributing to hall life.  Hall 15, watch out!  You haven't seen the last of me. ^^

Yes, this is a quick update post from me. I'll see you guys soon!
God's love & blessings~
Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts