What am I Living for?

For a change, let me start my blog with a video. The above video of Francis Chan's sermon was shown to me by my youth leader, Dorothy. It really got me thinking... Am I living my life on Earth for God? Or have I been selfish in placing what I wanna do above what God wants me to do? (this seems like the 2nd time Im hearing this in the week... I'll elaborate later)

Yea, I know... I have been missing for quite a bit with regards to my blog. During this period, I was thinking long and hard if I should continue with my blog.  But then I realised, God's power is made perfect in my weaknesses. So go ahead and judge me if you like...

Honestly, there have been ups and downs. I won't lie to you. Times where I felt like just ignoring everything in the world, times where I felt tempted beyond what I could handle, times where I just wanted to get away from it all!

But through it all, God has been gracious to me. He never fails in providing advice thru people He has placed in my life. People in my cohort would probably have this worry constantly on their mind... "What if a University doesn't offer me a place?" Well, my worry was "How do I know where does God want me to go?" I have been offered a place in Uni of Melb and I was just waiting on local universities to get back to me. Until last week or so, I heard nothing, NOTHING from Universities in Singapore. In my head I was thinking... "Hmm...  guess God wants me to go back to Australia, huh?" But my youth leaders & friends were very encouraging and reminded me that God is in control and kept me in prayer.

Before I knew it, I received a call on Tuesday 22nd April. (well technically, I missed their call twice or even thrice before I decided to call them back. Yea I have a habit of putting my phone on silent and I don't bother calling unknown numbers.) It was from the Dean's secretary telling me that I would be having a phone interview with the Assistant Dean of Business from NTU on Thursday, 24th April.

OMG I was so nervous... I did pray for God's guidance and wisdom but I really couldn't help being nervous.

It was an amazing opportunity! I truly enjoyed the conversation with the Professor. Some questions asked included... " What made you study overseas?", " Why did you apply to NTU?", "What's the difference between Singapore education system compared to overseas?", "Which are you more incline to, business or accountancy?"," Did you apply anywhere else? Did you get other offers? Which university do you prefer? You can answer honestly. It wouldn't really affect your chances of admission into NTU" *Trick question alert!*

It honestly felt like I was talking to an old friend... The conversation lasted for 7 minutes. Prof asked me if I had any other questions and I asked him for an estimate outcome period aka rejection. (Don't wanna appear over-confident here) His reply was "Why so negative? Probably 2 to 3 weeks or even sooner."

I didn't think much of the interview and headed to Hong Kong/Macau for my holiday. Let me side-track a bit. My holiday was refreshing! I felt that I accomplished many aspects social, spiritual, material... I'm truly thankful to God for providing the opportunity to meet up with my Christian mentor who never fails to provide advice & guidance. It was amazing hearing how God is working & using him and his family to bless others. He shared many things but this really struck me... I might be dreaming but I felt something stirring within. I can't remember the exact words but it had this meaning "Put God first and He will bless you" In other words, Seek to please God and you have nothing to fear. What I got out of today's LG session was something similar and it truly prompted me to relook at how I am living my life and to put God at the centre of it all, as my time on Earth is limited.

While I was using the free wifi at the hotel lobby on Tuesday 29th April (Only 5 days after the interview), I received an email from NTU saying I got accepted for the Business degree. I was so excited and was literally prancing around the lobby of the hotel. Indeed God deserves the glory! It was not by my own strength (trust me, my grades aren't spectacular) but He made it possible.

This is my goal, to live my life for God. To put God at the centre of it all. It is probably easier said than done. But I believe if it is something God wants me to do, He will give me the strength to carry it out.

Yea~ That's all from me for now. Hope to blog soon!

God's love & blessings~!

Xoxo
Marissa




Comments

Popular Posts