Scrum Tag Rugby Workshop organised by Channel U (rugby similar to bowling?)

Growing up, I was never really a sporty person. Maybe because of my sensitive skin condition (eczema), I kept myself away from the Sun & Grass. It was not until I went to St. Mary's that I realised I was missing out so much! My Weekend outings to the school oval - a grassy field accompanied with rays of afternoon sunlight helped me overcome my fear of "being outdoors".

Turning 18 made me realise that life was too short and I should be adventurous with trying out new & wacky things. When I saw the contest organised by Channel U in conjunction with their latest drama Scrum, I knew I had to be a part of it! Well, the winners of the contest would have a chance to learn more about Tag rugby and a chance to play it out on the field! I was really fortunate to be given the opportunity to learn a new skill and get to know new acquaintances from all walks of life!

Random Fun Fact: Do you know why the show is titled Scrum? Scrum is actually a method of restarting the ball in rugby. The position is as show in the picture below. Two teams, huddled together in the hope of gaining possession of the ball. An important asset to a team would most definitely be speed and agility.

Right... I'm supposed to be talking about the Tag Rugby Workshop organised by Channel U! I'll add pictures along the way and all photo credits of the workshop goes to the Channel U team.

The Tag Rugby event was organised at Farrer Park Field! On a Saturday, the 15th of March. Casts of the show were present as well and they joined us in the workshop!

Some pictures of the casts & participants doing warm up throws!


Waiting in line for our turn....


Warm up in Progress...


Listening Attentively to the Coach.




Some of the more Professional throws by the Cast....

It was during the warm ups that I realised rugby throws were kinda like bowling. Especially the finishing position of the follow through. When I learnt the spinning ball throw it rugby, it felt like I was throwing a hook ball in bowling. Well, just that bowling takes place indoors with air con. Haha :D




Let the games begin...




It was an honour to be a part of the BLUE TEAM!!! 


We represent the BLUE TEAM!! 

I'm sure I speak for all the Participants when I say that we had an AMAZING TIME! A HUGE THANK YOU TO CHANNEL U, the CAST & not forgetting the COACHES from Singapore Rugby Association for a fun filled Saturday!


OH YES, THANK YOU BIO ESSENCE for sponsoring the Goodie Bag! ^^
Heh I look like a Tomato here after all that intense running in the game.

Excited to find out more about rugby? Catch Scrum on Channel U TONIGHT at 8pm FINAL EPISODE! Don't worry if you missed the previous episodes, you can watch them on toggle.sg! How AWESOME is that?

Here's a video that concludes the whole Tag rugby workshop in motion...




God's love & blessings~
Xoxo
Marissa















Comments

Popular Posts