Israel and Jordan 2013 (mostly pictures)

*This blog post would contain mostly pictures from my Israel trip*

I don't even know where to start blogging about my trip to Israel and Jordan... I'm currently seated in a bus on the way to Petra, a city south of Jordan. It has been about 2hours in the bus with approximately another hour to go before we arrive at the destination.

Some of you might have been waiting for updates for my Israel trip. Everything passed by so quickly and I didn't have time to sit down and collect my thoughts. There was just so much walking, photographs and information going through my head. 

Israel was pretty cool. Very hilly, different from Singapore. Oh oh oh, and I saw snow for the first time :) Our tour guide told us that it seldom snows in Israel... It happens one in 100 years!

We visited countless of National parks and historical sites that were mostly filled with ruins from the once glourious kingdom of King Herod (The Great) and the Roman Empire. This picture was taken at Caesarea. It is the remain of a theatre that was used in times of old





One if the highlight of the trip would be having Holy Communion in a small chapel located on site of a garden tomb that they think that Jesus spent 3days and 2 nights in. 








Oh oh oh, another thing I found pretty cool... I saw Banksy's work of art in Westbank with my own two eyes! Thank you year 11 English for that 4 or 5 page article that introduced me to a cool artist like Banksy.



There are just so many amazing things about the places I visited in Israel and I honestly can't remember all if them. It was an information overload for me. Good thing my mom bought a book that covered most of the places we visited in Israel.

This is our Israel guide, Issa! Contact him if you're visiting Israel and you need a tour guide :) His website is www.holylandstartours.com

*Editted and added at a later date*
We visited Petra in Jordan! Part of Petra is actually a necropolis also known as the City of the dead. There, I manage to see The Treasury building that was featured in Indiana Jones, The Last Crusader.





I've learnt so much from the trip and I'm thankful to God for the people I met and interacted with. Our tour group was a pretty fun and cool group to be with! It consisted of people from different walks of life as well as from different countries. :) The lessons I learnt from them and listening to their personal experiences are just priceless. 

Should you ever visit Israel, be prepared for the long duration spent travelling on the road. 

God's love & blessings~
Marissa








Comments

Popular Posts