Have you said 'Thank You' today?

It has been awhile since I received inspiration to express myself in writing....
Thank You - 2 very simple words that has an impact on yourself as well as the people around you. It does not take much to utter these simple words. When you do, you are not only expressing a form of gratitude, but it also shows a sense of appreciation of what someone is doing or has done for you. These 2 simple words have the power to change your perspective of life altogether. 

I am not perfect and still working at this. But whenever I can, I do make an effort to express my gratitude to the people around me. To a certain extent, it is quite a humbling process as you realise and value the help or act of service from others. This reminds me that I am not living on an island and to treasure the people around me. Every 'thank you' that you say is a step further from self entitlement as you learn to appreciate what has been done or given to you. 

This is my own observation - I noticed that people in our Asian culture can be quite 'paiseh' (embarrassed) to express their thanks. In my opinion, there is nothing embarrassing about expressing one's gratitude. Whenever you say 'thank you' to someone, you are not only letting them know that you appreciate them and what they are doing for you, but you may potentially be the person who brightens their day. I can only hope that the 'Thank you' said would positively impact the who receive it. And it would encourage the receivers to express their gratitude to others as well. Creating a multiplier effect of 'Thank you'(s). 

When you start being grateful and freely expressing your gratitude, you learn to be more tolerant of people. You start seeing things from a utterly different perspective as compared to a self entitled person. When people give you feedback, you humbly listen to what they have to say and you thank them for taking the time to share their feedback. It certain situations, it may not actually be helpful advice but you thank them anyway. For making the effort to come up to you, and share their point of view. Gratitude helps you appreciate other's efforts and achievements. 

Gratitude helps you recognise all that you have to be thankful for - even in the worse of your life - and this fosters resilience. (7 Scientifically proven Benefits of gratitude)

I am grateful for the opportunity to express myself once again through my blog and I hope this has encouraged you to start working on freely expressing gratitude to the people around you!

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts