Blessed Weekend

Currently typing this blog post on the way back to Kaohsiung. Yes, you've guessed it. I am blogging in the High Speed Rail (HSR) once again! Haha I am such a creature of comfort. period.

I had an Awesome weekend with mom. I feel incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to bring her to places where I visited with my friends and let her experience the atmosphere and beauty of the place for herself. The train back is really packed as today is a public holiday in Taiwan and I believe everyone is rushing back to go back home or back to the town that they work in.

I was really fortunate to have gotten a ticket back on a HSR. I'm glad I walked into a 7-eleven, 2 weeks before just to check in on the tickets. At that point in time, I was looking to get a noon train back but the trains were all FULLY booked and only the 10:11am train back was available. So I just bought that one. But when I went back to check for the later trains, I realised the trains for the Whole day of 10 October were fully booked. I am just so thankful that God prompted me to walk into 7-eleven to buy my ticket back to Kaohsiung. If not, I would have had to find other means to get back to Kaohsiung.

When we were at Danshui one evening, we were seated at a bench facing the water. My mom tasked me to get food and when I came back, there was an elderly grandma talking to us. She stays in the island opposite Danshui. She was pretty upset that evening and poured out to us. When she was younger, she spent her time raising her kids, caring for the house and now that she is old, all her kids have moved out and have their own families, they barely spend time with her let alone take her out. The thing that she was most affected about was how her daughters when out to travel for a few days but didn't mention a word to her. They only told her about it when they got back. She was worried sick for them. This point, she turned to me saying, "Remember to call your mom whenever you are going away so she won't have to worry for you..."

I guess hearing from this grandma's experience reinforces what I already know. Not only that, it gives me an insight from a mother's perspective. Something that we will never fully understand until we become parents.

Check out this article about - These 12 graphics teaches us to prioritise our friends and family. 


God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts