Fire within the Soul

The series of event that happened this week seemed so surreal. Looking back, I could see God's hand at work... I might totally get judged for blogging about this, but hey, when has that ever stopped me from giving God the glory. I truly had an adventure. Both of this world and not.

So it started out on Monday night where I usually go for Aerial Practice but last Monday practice was cancelled and replaced with an Aerial Conditioning Class by Acroasian aka. Wai who flew in from the United States. Class was really fun!

Wai welcomed us to connect with him on Instagram & Facebook. Wai was pretty good looking. I guess you get all those warm fuzzy feels that may confuse you thinking that you may have a crush. But on hindsight, after reflection, I realized it was the similar feeling I am feeling towards Ms Michelle Chong. I don't know how to describe it and people may actually think I'm crazy. But it is like a strong outpour of love. Not mine but the Father's.

On Wednesday, I remember messaging Uncle A, my Christian mentor just to ask him how he was doing and to catch up. We started talking about Ms Michelle Chong when I asked if his son was still with Left Profile. Uncle A is one of the few people who knows the full story about my heart's burden for her and all the weird series of events that happened.

This was one of the messages from Uncle A left a huge impact on me. It said "I believed the Lord has given you the mission to bring unbeliever to know God and use you powerfully as the ambassador of Jesus & to demonstrate God's love " When I read it I was reminded of my 'mission' to pray and bring Ms Michelle Chong to Christ. But little did I know that this was foreshadowing, a brand new 'mission'.

It was lunchtime and I normally go for lunch with my fellow intern, Chloe. For some reason I started sharing with her about Wai and how buff he was. She too, is my fellow sister in Christ and was the one who nudged me to add him on Facebook. Little did we know what God had in stored. Wai accepted almost immediately, we started chatting and got along pretty well. He shared with me about a circus performance and asked if I was interested to go. I updated Chloe and she was pretty worried about me. But I remember telling her that I felt strongly about the 2 reasons why God brought people into my life. 1) To learn something from them. 2) Be a blessing or an example of Christ to them.

I accepted the invite to the event despite not knowing him that well. I truly believe it was all part of God's plan. The performances at the Gala Show by Bornfire Festival were AMAZING. It really opened up my eyes to the endless possibilities of circus Arts. At the end of the show, I had the opportunity to witness the process of Wai networking with the circus artiste and realised I have so much more room for improvement if I wanna break into the artiste management industry. Just being there and observing, I realised that the Arts Business has so much potential to grow in Singapore. It might be an area that I would like to venture into.

We were on our way back when all of a sudden Wai couldn't find his wallet. He ransacked every compartment of his bag but couldn't find it. So we back tracked to the theatre and on our way there, I prayed. I prayed that God will help find his wallet. It was a simple prayer.

When we got to the theatre, they were locking up. We went to the security guard and they followed us back into the theatre to check if he had left it there. It wasn't there. He went to check the toilets. It wasn't there. He ended up filling in a lost & found form so that they could contact him if they found it. We walked out and saw the circus artiste still seated outside and we asked them if they saw a wallet. Somehow, Wai started checking his bag again and his wallet was there! Whoo Hoo! :) What was once lost, has been found.

I knew that it was a God given opportunity, something that was not to be missed.  I honestly told him about the power of prayer and what just happened in the last 30 minutes or so.

I know that God connected us for a reason, though I'm not sure what exactly it is as of now. Others may find 1000 ways to disprove God's existence. But I can add 1 more into my account of how God is just so real in my life. (God continues to amaze me and challenge me to grow me in faith each and everyday).

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts