Heart's Burden for the New Year

Feels like forever since my last post. I admit I haven't been putting my blog as a priority in the past few months. My last post was in October 2015. I have been so busy juggling with so many things. My workouts, school, hall activities, etc...

Recently, I went for my friend's birthday party and i had the chance to catch up with some of my other friends from university. The first question one of my friends ask me was "Marissa, you never blog already?" I honestly was taken aback. I mean, I never really knew of anyone who would actually care about my blog. If anything, I thought people would look at my blog with disgust. On how weird and strange my posts are... Not like the usual beauty, travel or advertorial posts found on other mainstream blogs. My blog is my avenue for me to share my honest feelings. People who know me personally will know that I am a straightforward person. Basically what you see is what you get. I hate being caught up in the game of pretend. I hate acting like someone else just to get people to like me. I am so over it.

Looking back, 2015 has been pretty awesome. I mean there were tough times but I am glad that those challenges has moulded me to become a better, stronger person.  2016 just started, I know I have so much ahead of me. This is so strange to share it here and some may not understand what I am saying. But recently, God has placed a burden on my heart. This burden has been one of the strongest, undeniable ones thus far. I don't know if God is testing me. Testing my faith, testing my perseverance, testing my courage, testing my ability to communicate with people.

Sometimes I wish I didn't feel so much for people. I wish I could just ignore those feels... But the fact that I know and observe it happening, there is just this nagging feeling in me to seek guidance, wisdom to just pray. I really hope that would know God for themselves and not just base Christianity on the people whom they meet in church. Those people who you see in church are NOT perfect. We are all flawed and sinful beings. I do apologise if we get too intense in sharing, we are NOT perfect and still in the process of being moulded to be like Christ.

Sometimes it gets exhausting when you have the burden in your heart for people. Because at times, I don't really know how to approach or address the issue. I am grateful and thankful to God for connecting me with my Christian mentor whom I can turn to and seek guidance and advice whenever I face a difficult situation or a dilemma. I feel so enlightened and encouraged after the discussions.

Yes, this has been a short update from me.

Hopefully you wouldn't have to wait too long for my next post ;)

God's love & blessings~

xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts