Season of Revelation

Feels like forever since my last blog post. I'm not gonna lie I have been struggling with coping with my skin as well as the never ending list of assignments, test and deadlines. Through it all, I can only say. God is good. I won't lie, during the period that I was away from blogging, I felt myself going back to self dependence instead of relying on God. I was spreading myself too thin and was barely surviving. But God is merciful and He sends people and ministers thru music to me. To remind me that I don't have to carry the burdens alone despite the world tells me to. I can turn to Him and depend on Him for strength and wisdom. Nothing makes me feel more alive than knowing that God is working in me and through me to reach out to other people. I know I am far from perfect. But that fact that I am broken(not an academic scholar, one with little or no influence, struggling to keep the faith, struggling to be NICE to people who are not so nice...) and God can use me means so much (well to me at least).

I may not have the right words to describe these situations. But I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you in understanding what I am trying to share.

So basically we went to Clubmed Bintan 5 months back. It was raining and we were stuck indoors and we ended up striking up conversation with the GO who taught us yoga. We just felt so comfortable talking to her and offered to host her the next time she visited Singapore. 2 months ago, we went back to Clubmed Bintan and mom felt prompted by God to bring Christian literature for her. Prior to giving, I remember during a dinner with her, she shared about how her bible was the most important thing to her and she wouldn't give it away to anyone.  That took away all fears about giving her Christian literature. (I mean, it is still pretty daunting to give a stranger.  Christian literature especially, when you have no idea how they would react to it. I know. I tried. #mschong But anyway,  I will trust in God's time.) I remember the joy and happiness on her face when we handed her the materials before leaving.

Just yesterday, we sent her off at the airport. Mom who is a strong advocate for Christian Literature gave her 2 books and we pray that the text would minister to her and she will continue to grow in the Lord. I am gonna miss her so much. Especially now that she is so far away, but I know we will always be connected by something special - Loving the same Almighty God.

This was not the first time God worked to place a special connection in my life. But looking back at how it happened and how everything falls into place amazes me. God, You are so good.

Just recently, I had dinner with an acquaintance. We went to Korean class together. Trying to strike up conversation during dinner, I casually asked her if she was attached and if there were any guys she had her eye on in school. One thing led to the next. She asked me what was one thing I looked out for in my 'ideal guy'. I told her someone who loves God and would be able to inspire me to grow deeper in love with God. (Under normal circumstances, I would struggle to tell people this....) This statement opened up a spiritual conversation. She asked me about my Christian faith. She shared about how her tuition teacher brought her to church and how God has worked in her life. I invited her to my church as she is not attending one currently. I will definitely keep her in prayer for her to grow in the faith and to know God for who he really is. Contrary to belief, He does not operate like a human. He is omnipresent. He is never too busy for you. He CAN hear and attend to the prayers of Christians. Before we parted, she shared that it was so nice to have a Christian friend to be able to talk about all these kinds of things.

Indeed, it made me realise that it was a privilege to be able to be surrounded with Christian brothers and sisters. Just speaking about the faith is such a normal thing for me that sometimes I take it for granted. Sometimes I forget that people judge me for boldly sharing my faith on social media platforms. oops.

I also wanna thank God for the opportunity to meet other likeminded ladies who enjoy working out and fitness. I pray that I would be able to encourage and share God's love with them.

That's all for me.
All glory goes to God.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts