Angels in disguise

Hey guys! I am finally back after such a long while. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I am actually done with my first year of uni. -squeals in excitement-

I actually did a video to sum up my year as well as bid farewell to my room in hall. I have to move out and reapply for a room to stay next year. Here it is ...




I am truly thankful to God for sustaining me and seeing me through the whole year. I changed my game plan for Semester 2 and I realised I was a much happier person compared to Semester 1. In semester 1, i was stressed out, grumpy and very much depressed about university in Singapore. I felt so stupid and not as good as other people who were in my course. The more stressed I was, the more my skin flared up. It was so bad that I had to be put on a dose of oral steroids. The side effects of steroids are the worse! It messes with your insides and your body clock. I felt like a trainwreck heading for a major disaster.

In semester 2, I made a conscious effort to put God first and seek Him in all that I do. I even added in a timeout session to play Christian music and a 'talk to God' time while exercising daily. My circumstances didn't change. I was still stuck in the stressful Singapore university environment but I found myself being much happier than before, when I focus and seek God instead of blindly chasing after the paper qualifications. Acknowledging that in my weakness, God is strong.

Prior to writing this post, I was asking God what does He want me to title and blog about in this post? My mind wandered back to the week of exams that has gone by.

God has been really good and gracious to me. Most people know that statistics is my most hated subject this semester. I made a friend in Stats tutorial. She too was a Christian and she invited me to study with her and her church friends during the study break. On most occasions, I declined her offer as I could hardly study when in a group. I have the tendency to talk a lot being an ENFP and probably wouldn't be that effective studying in a group setting. Anyway, a day before the Stats exam, she asked me out to study again. I was going to turn her down when I felt compelled to go. I was so glad that I went! That evening, they had a time of worship called 'refreshment'.  It was an Awesome opportunity to worship God after a whole day of studying. I consider myself very blessed to be able to witness how Christians of a different denomination worship. The presence of the Holy Spirit was just so strong. Even though Stats was my weakest subject, all fear was taken away that evening and I felt this sense of peace, knowing that God is in control.

This experience is a tiny victory and serves as a reminder that God is always there for us. He is watching over us and knows us even better than ourselves. God positioned me to feel compelled to attend because He knew that I really needed the 'refreshment' session to seek and find rest in Him despite the high levels of stress, not knowing much about Statistics. Truly, on the day of the Stats exam, I took a step of faith and bravely walked into the exam hall knowing that God is in control and He has everything all planned out for me.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

This pretty much sums up my takeaway from the final exams.

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts