The Unseen Battle

Lord, I pray for whoever who may read this post. May Your Holy Spirit be the reader's guide and help them discern what You want them to understand. I know I'm not the best writer but may Your Holy Spirit be my guide and use this blog post to touch the lives of others. Amen.

I have been a Christian for quite sometime now. I have been hearing about the term "spiritual realm" and "spiritual warfare" for quite sometime now. But I have never really taken them to heart or tried to understand. Yes, I am quite ignorant at times. It was only recently that some things finally clicked in my head.

This week has been pretty eventful. It was NOT physically draining, but emotionally and spiritually draining. Just a disclaimer, this blog post may contain my personal experience as a Christian. If you're sensitive towards it, please click the 'x' button at the top left/top right, depending on which computer you are using.

On Sunday night, I had the weirdest dream ever. I dreamt that I was talking to an acquaintance. Someone I barely knew. We were in conversation when all of a sudden, the behavior of my acquaintance started changing and becoming really strange. Facial expression that were not humanly possible was seen on my acquaintance face. My acquaintance who is relatively mild mannered became someone I couldn't recognise. Tone of voice changed drastically, insults of faith were flying out of his mouth (ugly, ugly things). Something clicked in my head that my acquaintance was actually demon possessed. I started praying there and then in my dream. I don't know what was the outcome of it as I woke up. Everything felt so real. I had no idea what the dream meant. All I could do was keep my acquaintance in prayer.   TRUST me it's not a nice dream to have and I don't wish for anybody to experience it.

I have been keeping my hall in prayer. I have been praying for harmony and the well being of the people. I have also been praying that God will use me to be a blessing to whoever I may meet. At that point in time, I couldn't see the link.

Anyway, that dream happened and I couldn't do much about it but pray, though it was always on my mind. I went about my daily life. On Wednesday, I went for my Disciple Group (DG) meeting for Campus Crusade. The topic was about Forgiveness. At that point in time, I didn't think much about it. All I can say is that God knew what was going to happen...

On Wednesday night, I hung out with my friend and she shared about some things she was going through. I don't know where the courage came from but I offered to pray for her. I also found out about other things I wish I didn't hear about. At that point in time, I acted like everything was okay. But the more I thought about it hours later,  I was angry and maybe even upset. I was so confused. A part of me just wanted to hate, and another part of me was reminded of the lesson of Forgiveness that was taught in DG hours earlier before. This verse kept coming into my head "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

I was battling myself the whole night. The worse part was that I had a practice speech test at 8.30 the next morning. I tried laying in bed as I prayed hoping to find peace I needed. Nope, nothing happened. Next, I took my bible and headed to the pantry. I started reading Psalms 1 all the way to Psalms 15. After reading the verses out loud, there was an indescribable peace in my heart. I went back to my room and listened to Christian music on spotify. One of the songs that brought great comfort is the songs shared in the video below.
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) - Chris Tomlin

Forever Reign - Hillsongs

I decided to sleep at about 5ish am and woke up about 6.45am. I honestly had no idea how I survived the day. It was an eventful morning... As i met my classmate for brekkie, we decided that we were gonna take the shuttle bus to school. We waited for the longest time and the bus never arrived. We were fortunate that his friend had his car and offered to drive us to school. I'm thankful for angels in disguise.

Before I did my speech, I entrusted it to the Lord.

After giving the speech, I felt I did very badly. But God's mercies never fail. Through his divine intervention I received positive feedback. I am truly thankful for that.

What's up with that strange dream? Looking back, it could have been a foreshadowing of the week's events. It could have been a deterrence for me to share my faith and pray for people. It could have been that my acquaintance was really experiencing something. I will never know. But through it all, I know that God is so real, I will keep praying for people and be a blessing to others. Nothing can take me away from my Father in heaven.

If you are reading this, could you please keep my acquaintance in prayer.
The conclusion I came up with was I would take everyone's words with a pinch of salt and choose to look at their good side. To look at others through the eyes of Christ. My conscience is clear. If they really want to 'harm' me, I guess they can do that if it makes them happy. But I do pray that they will experience the infinite joy given by the Lord.

Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

God's love & blessings~

Xoxo
Marissa

Comments

Popular Posts