Psychology of a Criminal



I just finished reading the book titled The David Marshall Trials. It is an interesting book that relooked at the cases Mr. David Marshall handled throughout his remarkable legal career. I really enjoyed the book as the reader has to go through the cross-examination process and has to decide the reliability of the witness’s evidence.

A common characteristic I noticed about the criminals was that even though they committed the offence, they would deny that they committed it and that they were ‘innocent’. I do understand that they are trying to delay the hearing process so that they won’t get punished so soon. But, do you think their upbringing has a part to play in this case?  This is my hypothesis, during their years of development, they never shouldered responsibility as there was someone who restricted them from having this responsibility or someone they could simply push their responsibility to hence this led to the lack of responsibility and refusal to plead guilty in court. I honestly find the mindset of criminals really interesting. I should ask my cousin who is learning about psychology to share with me what he has learnt.

On the other hand, ‘lack of responsibility’ first came into the world during Adam and Eve’s time. When they first ate the forbidden fruit and did not admit and confess that they ate it. Instead, they pushed the blame to one another. This led to us being criminals in God’s eyes, as we now had ‘sin’ in us. The only way to be saved is to confess our sins, trust that Jesus died for our sins and that God has a perfect plan for us.

Remember, the next time we choose to push our responsibility to someone else, we might be a step closer to become Adam & Eve and probably a criminal :D

Comments

Popular Posts